The Project Manager (PM) is expected to use judgement and discretion in representing the company. They are expected to show a high level of commitment and involvement with their work and the company’s business.
- Utilize and coordinate staff from all departments, as needed, for each project. During the life of a project, the PM manages and supervises employees assigned to the project. The Project Manager is the single source of responsibility to United Mechanical and the customer.
- Show Flexibility/Diversity – Varying work in varying locations. Teams can be formed and reformed to meet the requirements of special projects.
- Provide supervision, leadership and coordination of all United Mechanical departmental efforts including Engineering, Purchasing, Accounting, Construction and Service during project construction in a timely manner.
- Perform all functions required to promote and finalize sales including estimating, conceptual design, proposal writing, presentations, and contract negotiations and review.
- Prepare budget projections and control costs within agreed upon limits. Provide letters, proposals, memos, contracts, change orders, strategies, etc. for good business procedures and legal protection.
- Maintain cordial relationships with all clients, vendors, subcontractors and the industry.
- 5+ years experience managing HVAC and/or Plumbing construction projects or years of experience in estimating, design and management of projects from $50,000 to $25+ million.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management preferred, but not required.
- MBA or Master’s level educational degree and/or a current licensed PE are notable and a strong plus.
- Demonstrated experience/ability to develop new business.
- Strong interpersonal and project management abilities, employing strong organizational skills to respond successfully to a high volume of issues.