The Project Manager (PM) is expected to use judgement and discretion in representing the company while showing a high level of commitment and involvement with their work and the company’s business.
Location: San Jose or Alameda, CA
Reports to: Director, Project Management
- Utilize and coordinate staff from all departments, as needed, for each project. During the life of a project, the PM manages and supervises employees assigned to the project. The PM is the single source of responsibility to United Mechanical and the customer;
- Show Flexibility/Diversity – Varying work in varying locations. Teams can be formed and reformed to meet the requirements of special projects;
- Provide supervision, leadership and coordination of all United Mechanical departmental efforts including Engineering, Purchasing, Accounting, Construction and Service during project construction in a timely manner;
- Perform all functions required to promote and finalize sales including estimating, conceptual design, proposal writing, presentations, and contract negotiations and review;
- Prepare budget projections and control costs within agreed upon limits;
- Provide letters, proposals, memos, contracts, change orders, strategies, etc. for good business procedures and legal protection;
- Maintain cordial relationships with all clients, vendors, subcontractors and the industry.
- 5+ years’ experience managing HVAC and/or plumbing construction projects or 5+ years’ experience in estimating, design and management of projects from $50,000 to $25+ million;
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management preferred;
- MBA or Master’s level educational degree and/or a current licensed PE are notable and a strong plus;
- Demonstrated experience/ability to develop new business;
- Strong interpersonal and project management abilities, employing strong organizational skills to respond successfully to a high volume of issues.