The Project Engineer (PE) is expected to use judgement and discretion in representing the company while showing a high level of commitment and involvement with their work and the company’s business.
Location: Rohnert Park, CA
Reports to: Director, Service Department
Working under the direction of a Project Manager to perform the following:
- Utilize and coordinate staff from all departments, as needed, for each project;
- Show Flexibility/Diversity – Varying work in varying locations. Teams can be formed and reformed to meet the requirements of special projects;
- Provide supervision, leadership and coordination of all United Mechanical departmental efforts including Engineering, Purchasing, Accounting, Construction and Service, in a timely manner;
- Perform all functions required to promote and finalize sales including estimating, conceptual design, proposal writing, presentations, and contract negotiations and review;
- Prepare budget projections and control costs within agreed upon limits;
- Provide letters, proposals, memos, contracts, change orders, strategies, etc. for good business procedures and legal protection;
- Maintain cordial relationships with all clients, vendors, subcontractors and the industry.
- 2+ years relevant industry experience preferred, however, candidates will be considered without this qualification;
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management preferred;
- MBA or Master’s level educational degree and/or a current licensed PE are notable and a strong plus;
- Strong interpersonal and project management abilities, employing strong organizational skills to respond successfully to a high volume of issues.