Summer Interns will have the chance to network with a diverse group of people within our engineering and management teams, develop new skills, and learn about our business and industry during various training programs, job-site and shop tours, and after-work teambuilding activities. Applicants should be in their sophomore, junior, or senior year of undergraduate coursework with a major in mechanical engineering, or construction management. Upon successful completion of the program, interns will be considered for regular full-time, paid positions at UMI. Summer internships will run from June to August. Start and end dates are flexible to work around your school’s summer dates.
- Accepts and assists with project assignments as designated by the VP, Project Management Team.
- Assists with the development and maintenance of project schedules and works with the General Superintendent and Project Foremen to incorporate them in the overall company schedule.
- Assists with reviews the planned vs. actual project scheduling and cost to assure these items remain under control, and takes immediate action to correct the situation should problems develop.
- Assists with submittals and tracks the approval process.
- Monitors each job to assure that it is completed on schedule and within the budget.
- Assists the VP to fully inform appropriate construction, engineering and estimating personnel of the details of each project before construction work is initiated.
- In pursuit of a degree in Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management or HVAC.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to take direction, ask questions, and meet deadlines
- Ability to interact effectively with others in team environments
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Regular and routine attendance